50 years of me

 I'm laying here in bed reminiscing and enjoying the silence. Thankful for reaching this milestone birthday. I immensely enjoyed my day at the Georgia Aquarium yesterday being awed by the magnificence of life. 

As a Pisces and former oceanography major, aquariums are my favorite places to visit. I overall loved the feel and layout of this one. I enjoyed the belugas and the dolphins as always. I saved the Ocean Voyager room for last because it's the one I really wanted to experience. 

One of my favorite unexpected things was the bioluminescence exhibit. I couldn't capture it because you're not supposed to use phones in there, and honestly it would take away from the moment of just being present. There are millions of bioluminescent dinoflagellates in the ceiling above you, and randomly a ripple would cause them to light up. I stood with my back against the wall and just looked up at the ceiling for about 20 minutes. Most people just walked through, but it was the perfect place to just stop and enjoy something so rare. 

The whale shark was also magnificently impressive. The largest and smallest creatures on display, and me just soaking it all in was a great way to start off my 50th birthday celebration.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Work in Progress

Head in the Clouds... and Beyond

You Touched My Hair...During Black History Month?